Sunday, March 2, 2008

<1984> Entry of My Choice


First of all, I want to state that this novel, 1984, is a great book. Through this novel, I think George Orwell would have convinced lots of Western nations (As I said before, his purpose of writing this novel was to go against the rise of communism). It was amazing how George Orwell's imaginary scenes appeared in 1984 actually came true when some of the Western nations converted to communism. Since 1984 was based on George Orwell's imaginary scenes, some descriptions in the novel was hard to understand. For example, it was hard for me to understand how the thought police can see each citizens through telescreen. 1984 is a bit depressing book with full of novel ideas, and it leaves a strong impression. George Orwell wrote many fantastical novels, but they contains great messages. Through each important characters in his novels, George Orwell reveals strong themes that criticizes politics and culture. It is why George Orwell (Eric Arthur Blair) is one of my favorite author.

No comments: